Monday, January 15, 2007

My heart is breaking! For those of you that have placed orders with us, you know that I wrap the items in cute sheepie tissue paper. I attempted to order more of that yesterday. It's no longer available with the distributor! I have sent them an email in the hope that they may have a box or two out in their warehouse that I can purchase. If not, I have to find a different design. The ones that I looked at yesterday do not relate to spinning or fiber or anything. I still have some of the tissue paper left, but not too much. My other problem is that I have several boxes of ribbon that is color coordinated with the sheep paper. I have to find something that will match the ribbon I have on hand.

Someone had asked me about my spinning. The antique wheel that I just purchased is actually the 4th wheel that I have owned. I have a Lendrum DT that I purchased about 4 years ago when I started spinning. I purchased it before we became Louet distributors. I use that one most often. I had another Lendrum ST that I sold at the CT Sheep Show in the Spring. I have a Louet S-17 that a local person has on loan from me at the moment. For the money, it's a good starter wheel. And now I have Prudence, the antique Shaker wheel. I'm using Prudence now to spin some lovely tan alpaca. Her bobbin small though so I will need to spin many more skeins to have enough for my project. If you want to read my profile, it's over on our regular website under "About Us".

It's a nasty, cold and rainy day so far this morning. Still mostly dark and gloomy outside. The temperature is supposed to drop significantly and everything will ice up. I only have to venture out on the roads this morning for a trip to the dentist. After that, I'm going to hide in the house, do some chores and watch the weather. We haven't had snow yet this season. Very strange..






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home