Saturday, March 17, 2007

March 11, 2007

Can I hear a WOO HOO? I had my annual mammogram this week and I'm cancer free for another year! WOO HOO! I really thought this would be the year that the cancer returned. My oncologist told me to expect it to return. But I've dodged the bullet another year! I've been so tired lately. I was out of work last Thursday and Friday with some kind of flu. On Thursday, I slept 20 hours! I still don't feel up to snuff yet. I've got to back in the swing of things. I have too much to do and no time or energy to do it.

Steve seems to be getting stronger every day. He has gained weight, but so far it's not an excessive amount. He is actually enjoying food now. Something that he hasn't done for a long time. He has more energy than I do! Before, he would be the one wanting to nap all of the time.


The weather this week is supposed to be Spring like. Do you know what that means? The bunnies go out to the barn! Use your imagination to think of how stinky a tiny Cape Cod style house can get with 2 humans, 1 dog, 7 cats and 5 bunnies living it. Not pretty, is it? We have to clean out their cages later this morning before hauling them back out there. It's pouring out right not. Most of the snow is gone however the glacier in the driveway between the house and the barn was still there about an hour ago.

I invested in magnetic curtain rods and some eyelet lace curtains (Everyday Martha) at Kmart this week for the windows in doors of the barn. I had some tie dyed fabric on them before. Trust me, the curtains are much nicer. Now the barn does not look like a meth lab from the street. I had visions of walking out there at 5:00am some morning to feed the buns, bowl of kale and carrots in my hands, only to be confronted by a SWAT team. The newspaper delivery man always slows his car down when he drives by and I'm out there in the dark early morning hours. I'm sure rumors abound in the neighborhood about what is possibly going on in that little blue barn in the dark. We never did get that heater installed for the bunnies. We still plan on it, but the hill on the back of the barn has to thaw out so they can stand on it to get a vent cut in the wall.

The warmer temperatures are great for melting the snow and ice however it means another problem. It is the start of MUD season. MUD season does not affect city people. Our area is zoned as Rural Residential. There is a farm at one end of the street and another on the next street over. We have a state owned wetlands area at the other end of our street. But that end of the street is the one we use most frequently as it is the closest to our house. There are no side streets off of our street. It's just a straight shot of just about 1.5 miles. There are only 2 ways to get out of our street. The further end by the farm or the closer one in the wetlands. Problem is that the closer end is not paved. It is dirt. Or more precisely MUD at this time of year.

We have a flock of bluebirds living nearby. I haven't seen their nest, but 5 or 6 of them will swoop to the feeders at a time. Steve was feeding them mealworms for protein. I saw Robins in January this year. Temperatures later this week should be up near 70 degrees F! Crazy New England weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home