Wednesday, May 24, 2006


We finally have the Wild and Wooly Studio/Barn/Shed!

It arrived on Friday 5/19 while we were struggling in NH to get Ryan's dorm room packed and cleaned and get him moved back home for the summer. We still have more inventory and business items to move out there. Last weekend it rained again so we didn't have a chance to finish in between all of the showers. We even had hail during one bad storm!

(Yes that is a screened porch, just perfect for spinning)

It also has a small loft that we can store all of our empty bins and boxed items. We are also awaiting the approval of our charge card service. Soon we will have that option for purchases instead of just Paypal.

Today finishes up our week of birthdays. Friday 5/19 was my birthday. Sunday, 5/21 was Ryan's birthday and today is Steve's. Thank goodness all that gift giving is done and the checkbook can recover.

Tonight we went out to dinner with Steve's father. He took us all out for our collective birthdays. It's just easier than trying to give us gifts. Ryan received an MP3 player and a digital camera for his birthday. We are calling the studio/barn/shed as my birthday present but there was more. This is what Steve and the kids (Ryan and his girlfriend Rianne) conspired and bought for me.

This is Ruby. She is a 1 year old purebred German Angora. She belonged to my friend Gail. But Gail didn't have the time to keep up with her coat so she wanted to sell her to a good home. Rianne heard she was for sale and convinced Steve to buy her. And they think I have time to keep up with her coat?

I'm somewhat apprehensive about her. Ms. Eloise Bunny is an English Angora Mix. I chose her specifically because the English Angoras moult. If I give her a good brushing her fur just combs out. The English Angoras don't need to be shaved. They can be shorn but they don't need to be. The German Angoras do. At least 4 times a year. And they have to be brushed a lot so they don't get fur mats and knots. The fur of the German Angora is highly priced and much sought after. I just don't know if I'm up to the high maintainence. I had wanted to get another bunny, but I had planned on another English one. I don't know if I want this much work.

Of course at the moment I am suffering with allergies. No really, I'm SUFFERING!. I can't breathe, I need cough medicine with codeine, my chest feels tight when I try to take a deep breath and my head is pounding. Hopefully once I get over this sickness I'll feel differently about Ruby. I remember it took a few weeks for me to warm up to Ms. Eloise. If I decide not to keep her, Gail said she would take her back. That is reassuring for me.

This Saturday is the MA Sheep Show in Cummington MA. I think I might make the trip up by myself. I need some alone time to think about things.

Play nice until next time.

Debi


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home