Saturday, May 13, 2006

I did it. I drove 350-something miles round trip yesterday. In the torrential rain. To New Hampshire. I had a good and soggy time by myself. I met Dave and Sean and Norma. There may have been other bloggers there but it was raining so hard outside it was difficult to speak to any one and I am a relative stranger in blogland. I did check on Chris to see how she was doing. She said she was happy and surprised with the amount of business she had received up to that point. She had spent the night sleeping in her car with just her Woolybuns to keep her warm.

I bought batts. Lots and lots of batts. I know I shouldn't say that as I am a vendor, but our business fiber is different. It's for the business. I feel very naughty when I use any of our inventory. It's the forbidden fiber and yarn. I'm ever so thrilled when something happens to a skein and it's too messy to sell because it becomes MINE! I have actually been accused of removing skeins from the plastic bags and buckets and leaving them where the dog can get to them. Lies! All lies.

Anyway, the batts I bought were from Grafton Fibers and she had every color in the rainbow, including some rainbow batts. Since I couldn't decide on a color, and I was feeling deprived what with not purchasing anything at the CT show, I bought 8 of them. They are glorious! The colors are brilliant. They make me happy. I wish that it wasn't so dark and gloomy outside so I could look at them in the sunlight. I do plan on giving a couple away. I just have to decide which ones I can part with.

I started spinning one this morning that is a poppy orange-red. It has bits of dark purple in it for depth and contrast. I normally don't like orange, but for some reason I could not get enough of this color yesterday. I also bought one that is just a shade slightly darker. I tried to just spin them together but I was getting that dreadful barbershop pole effect. I may just Navajo ply them together instead to keep the shading separate. This color is so warm and pleasing I just want to crawl into it. It reminds me of a summer's sunset. Of sitting out on the deck, smelling the newly watered petunias while sipping wine and watching the fireflies out in the yard. I guess it's been a long winter for me!

Today it's back to reality. Must get the weekend chores caught up. Hopefully, our shed/barn/studio will be delivered in another week or so. I really need to get this wool out of the house.

In just two weeks is the MA Sheep Show! Woo HOO! See you there.
Debi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home