Friday, April 07, 2006

Day 1

I decided to set up this blog as a way to reach our customers. I will try to update it regularly.

This week we received some new products. We now have black mohair roving that is a soft as velvet! I wish Steve would allow me to spin some. I purchased some goat hair. It's very rough. I think it should only be used in rugs or some sort of fiber art. Nothing wearable and close to the skin. I also purchased a few skeins of KidLin yarn. It's Kid Mohair, Linen and Nylon. It's a laceweight yarn and it's soft. I think it would be perfect for lace shawl. If you are interested in it, I can order other colors.

Also we are in the planning stages of having a small barn or large shed built for our property. Our business has taken over the house and we need space to store everything. Ms. Eloise Edna is going to live out there during the summer months too. I hope to get an additional bunny or two to keep her company. I may have to install an air conditioner to keep her cozy.

The barn will also be used as a studio and warehouse. We live in a rural residential area. Technically, we cannot have a retail site on our property because of zoning. However, the farm on the next street sells produce and cheese from their property. I figure if it is called a studio and if someone stops by and wants to make a purchase, that would be okay. Just so long as I don't have regular posted hours. And I'll finally get my loom off of the dining room table! It will be a great space to dry yarns and fiber too.

We hope to situate it so it will overlook my garden out back. Of course that means that I will have to keep up with the weeding.

We're still waiting to hear if we have a space at the CT Sheep Show. The show is on Saturday, April 29th at the Tolland Agricultural Center in Vernon CT.

That's about all of the news for now.
Debi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home