Sunday, April 29, 2007

April 08, 2007

After I fed the bunnies this morning, Bailey and I took a walk down to the pond and around the roads in the gravel pit. It was very cold and windy in that open area. We've been back home for about 30 minutes, and my cheeks are still burning from the cold.

I did my best to keep her clean and out of the woods. Steve gets very upset if his precious Cocker Spaniel gets dirty. Her paws are slightly muddy as she insisted on a drink of pond water. A pair of Canada geese are nesting in some greens about 30 feet from the shore of the pond. They should be safe from predators out there. Bailey did her usual "BRUFF BRUFF!" at them. She's sound asleep already.

I finally sent in the payment for space at the CT Sheep Show. It's on the 28th of this month up in Vernon. I hope we can still get a spot. I had been waiting to see how Dennis was with his health. It's a long, cold day and it will be just the 2 of us again. We have to do all the packing and unpacking for it. We had hoped that Ryanne could help us, but she is going on vacation with her parents that week. Any volunteers out there to help? It's easier with a third person so we can take turns, go to the bathroom, eat lunch etc. Do the little things like that.


I placed a HUGE order with Louet this week. I had been slacking off because money was tight and I was concerned with Steve and his health issues. Our inventory is very low, so I really needed to order just for general business purposes. I also want to get more Denise and Brittany needles in stock too. I don't think I'll be ordering any more of the Bartlett yarns. They don't seem to be popular. I'd like to bring in a new line, but I'm not sure what to order. I still have trouble with many companies as they do not support an Internet based business. They demand a "brick and mortar" business. I suppose I could claim the bunny barn as my retail space.

We can't do our grocery shopping today as our usual store is closed for Easter. I hadn't thought of that. We really don't need much. We have enough greens for the buns for a few more days. We did make our trip to the feed store yesterday. It's a good thing we did as they are closed today also. It was absolutely packed yesterday! Why? It was chick day. They get their annual shipment of baby chicks for sale. There was a line to get in the door of the store. Kids running around screaming. Yuppie parents hanging out, drinking their lattes. Absolutely nuts. These are people that normally would never set foot in a feed store unless they sold designer clothing. They were all buying up the baby chicks because living in the country, having chickens and fresh eggs is just so quaint. Poor chicks. I wonder how many will be dead before the end of the month?

It' starting to cloud up outside. It's cold enough to snow or a have a very cold rain today. We'll be staying home. We don't have much family left to visit on holidays. Father-in-law LP is going over a relative's house for dinner. It's a short drive for him. We used to have him come down here, but he gets lost and easily confused. He would worry for days about driving here by himself. We are only about 20 miles away from him, but to him it might as be 200 miles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home