Saturday, October 07, 2006

My weather report for today has stayed the same as the last time I posted. Sunny but cold. Only 42 degrees F in the bunny shed. It's supposed to warm up later today, but there is no escaping Autumn.

I am sick. I've had a scratchy throat for a couple of days. This morning I woke with it sore and my head is full of cotton. I can't breathe. My eyes are droopy. It hurts to swallow. I really hate it when I'm sick. I have so many things that I want and need to do, but all I have the strength to do is sit here like a lump. I could have slept this morning for hours. However Westchester cat and Ms Bailey the Spaniel had a different idea. They both jumped on the bed and I swear they were marching around me. It wouldn't have been so bad except we have a water bed. They create a Tsunami when they walk around. I'm sure there were other cats up with them also. They made sure that I was up and moving by 5:00am.

I was supposed to go to the Nutmeg Spinners meeting today. It's an all day event and I know that I couldn't handle that. I'm really going to need a nap soon. I wanted to go just in case some of the new people from Madley Spinners showed up. If you ladies are reading this, I'm sorry I couldn't make it! Tuesday night is the Madley meeting. At the Colchester town hall from 7:00-9:00.

Steve has just left to go to the grocery store for me. I can't handle that either today. We don't spend much now that Ryan is back at school. But we do need the basics of bread, milk and of course, carrots and kale for the bunnies. A new store opened up in the next town. The prices should be a lot lower that our local grocery. The local store is a big chain name, but they have some of the highest prices in the state. Many weeks, we drive over to Norwich (about 20 miles) to grocery shop. The store there has great prices and it really is worth the trip. Just to compare, a simple can of tomato soup is 40 cents a can less at the store in Norwich than from our local grocery.

When I got into work on Monday, I had a message that management wanted to interview the next day for all three jobs! I don't know how it went. I can never tell with interviews and I've been disappointed so many times before. But I will say that after the interview on Tuesday, they have started treating me differently. I was given a big project and told to "run with it". The woman that just quit had been working on it. I have to set up procedures and processes while remaining within the guidelines established by our legal dept. I've also had to sit in on two conference calls with field representatives. In my opinion, these are not responsibilities normally assigned to a temp worker. Still keep you fingers crossed. I was the first person that they interviewed. I know that they have received over 60 applicants. It would be really great to get a regular full time job and that way I would actually get paid for the upcoming holidays. Not to mention the additional cash.

I think I'm going to make some oatmeal and go back to bed now. Bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home